CT Coronary Angiogram (CTCA)
Computed Tomography (CT) Coronary Angiography is a non-invasive scan of the coronary arteries which supply blood to the heart. The coronary arteries and heart chambers are visualized through the injection of a contrast medium during the scan.
At Harbour Radiology in North Sydney, we use the latest Siemens CT scanner to create highly detailed images of the human body. This leading technology produces ultra-fast images of the highest quality. Importantly this is achieved while minimizing radiation dose to produce the optimum clinical outcome for every patient.
We understand that films can be easy to lose and also hard to carry around to medical appointments. We aim to make our images and reports easily accessible to patients and their referring clinicians. Using our MEDINEXUS app or portal allows access to images and reports anywhere in the world from most mobile devices.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you advise medical staff:
- If you have any allergies
- If you have had an adverse reaction to a previous contrast injection or other drugs
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you take any diabetic medication that contains metformin (such as diabex, diaformin, avandament, glucomet, novamet, genex, glucophage), insulin, or blood thinner (warfarin or aspirin products).
- If you are pregnant or suspect you may be pregnant or breast feeding.
If you have any of these conditions it may affect your eligibility of the scan being performed. It is important that you speak to your doctor or one of our friendly staff on 9188 5280.
Address: 138 Walker Street, North Sydney
Phone: 02 9188 5280
Fax: 02 9188 5281